What We Do
- Thornwell considers all admissions on a non-discriminatory basis.
- Thornwell provides residency services to qualified children and youth of parents/guardians residing in South Carolina, Georgia, and Florida.
- We design programs and services to help children, youth, and families who are experiencing low-to-moderate emotional and/or behavorial problems.
- We receive hundreds of calls from pastors, social workers, family members, and others concerned for the well-being of a child.
- We network with agencies, as well as with child and family advocacy organizations.
- We make referrals to local agencies or other service providers.
- All residential children coming into Thornwell’s program must consent to placement. In every case, our ultimate course of action will be that which is most appropriate to the child’s well-being.
What Thornwell Doesn’t Do
- We are not a boarding school.
- We do not provide substance abuse or psychiatric treatment services.
- We cannot admit individuals who are considered to be a danger to themselves or others.
- We are not licensed to serve the needs of the physically, mentally, or severely emotionally handicapped.
For more information, contact Susan Mattison, admissions coordinator, at email@example.com or call 864-938-2682.